Tuesday 17 June 2014

White-winged Black Tern at Cemlyn

Here's a selection of photos I got of the cracking breeding plumaged White-winged Black Tern that roosted  at Cemlyn this evening. I took the photos just prior to the sun setting. It was feeding on Tyn Llan Pool and roosting on the bricks around the main island on the lagoon. I also saw 2 separate non-breeding Roseate Terns come in to roost on the bricks. See the notice board as to whats at Cemlyn at the mo. Thanks to David Wright (Cemlyn Warden) who found the bird and let me know about it, there's also a shot of you with the bird here David :-)  Many thanks.















1 comment:

  1. Some great photos Steve! Very atmospheric! A really smart bird, my first summer-plumaged record. Still there today, hawking insects in the same area.

    ReplyDelete