Wednesday 11 March 2015

Spring is coming (SEO at Cemlyn).

As there's been a few records of Wheatear and Sand Martin in Wales I thought I would try Lyn Cefni in my lunch break yesterday. It was great weather but I had no migrants, but a Red Admiral, Comma and Bumble-bee made me feel some-what "Springy"! I took the kids for a rock-pooling walk around the Trwyn at Cemlyn in the evening (not looking for Wheatears, honest). A large Shanny and some Broad clawed Porcelain crabs was the "marine" highlights whilst flushing a Short eared Owl from under our feet on the bay side of the Trwyn was undoubtedly the Avian highlight. The kids highlight was watching how fast I could sprint to get over the small hillock in front of me, to try and see where the Owl had landed. They didn't realise I could run so fast :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment